1957 Jaguar XK 150 MC Drophead Coupe
Lot 2025 | West Palm Beach | Now Asking $110,000
Chassis No. S 837152
Body No. P 6154
Jaguar's XK 150 was the final iteration of the company's original postwar sports car, now with more integrated, subtle styling, including a larger radiator shell, one-piece curved glass windshield, and a widened hood blended into the fenderlines. It boasted more powerful engines, either the standard 3.4-litre or larger 3.8-litre, and was the first production automobile to be equipped with four-wheel disc brakes, a feature pioneered on Jaguar's competition models.
The left-hand-drive XK 150 MC drophead coupe offered here is equipped with an upgraded, larger and more potent 220 bhp 3.8-litre engine, lightly tweaked with a Mallory ignition and remote oil filter, as well as 16-in. chrome wire wheels, shod in Avon tires, fog lights, and aluminized dual exhaust. Finished in the classic British Racing Green with tan leather, tan canvas top with matching headliner, and Wilton wool carpets, it was the recipient of a body-off restoration to a very nice standard some years ago, obviously from a good, solid dry original car as reflected by its chassis, and with a focus on comfort and driving enjoyment. The latter is reflected in the fitment of seatbelts, a slightly later Blaupunkt AM/FM radio, and an upgraded stereo, with very tastefully concealed speakers and an Alpine head unit with remote tucked into the glove box. The interior is overall very nicely finished, with a burled walnut dashboard bearing correct Smiths gauges, and Everflex door panels.
At the time of cataloging, the Jaguar had accrued 43,677 miles. It is accompanied by a spare chrome wire wheel with tire, jack, and grease gun.
This is a wonderful driver's Jaguar, prepped to use and enjoy.